- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a colander, rinse chickpeas thoroughly until the water stops foaming. Drain well and transfer to a kitchen towel. Rub them to dry them thoroughly, discarding any skins that may fall off in the process. You want them as dry as possible to ensure they crisp up perfectly.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss evenly with oil and spices.
- Lay your seasoned chickpeas on the baking sheet in an even layer. Try not to overcrowd them too much.
- Roast for 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes.
- Enjoy right away, or store them on the counter in a jar or container with the lid kept open to ensure they stay in their crispy state for as long as possible.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to seasoning your chickpeas. Feel free to use any spice blend that tickles your fancy.
Recipe by: Shaunna Leinster – Culinary Nutritionist